Korean food is remarkable for healthy ingredients and cooking techniques. Korean people like having vegetables for each meal, even when they have dumplings.
When I was invited to visit a Korean family who lived in HK, the host uncle told me that many families preferred boiled dumplings rather than fried ones, and vegetable dumplings instead of those made up by pure flour.
His family like green pepper dumpling. He said it was quite simple and showed me how to make it step by step.
- Step 1: put one or a half of green pepper into juicer and turn it into juice completely
- Step 2: pour the green pepper juice into white flour and make a soft dough
- Step 3: cut the dough into small balls and make them into round pieces (slim like a piece of paper but a bit thicker in the middle)
- Step 4: put ingredients (diced green pepper and meat stuffing) in the middle of a round piece
- Step 5: pinch the opposite sides from middle and push the other sides sticking together
- Step 6: put 10-15 dumplings into boiled water for about 10-15 minutes (dumplings are ready when they float and turn upside down)
Sounds difficult? … It’s much easier and fun to learn when you SEE the process.
Check out this:
- 70There is a home-made snack shop on the so-called "Korean Road" (Kimborley Road) in Tsim Sha Tsui. The snacks are absolutely Korean taste because the sauce, recipe and cook are all 100% Korean made. It is owned by an aunty who come from South Korea. She is very nice. If you ask them how to…
- 39"BBQ in Arirang Korean Restaurant" is one important thing that many Korean celebrities will do when they are in HK. The settings and food are very Korean style. If you are interested, take a look at the video. It will show you more details about food served in Ariang and how to eat Korean dishes as a Korean.…
- 37School Food is a trendy Korean restaurant, targeting young customers. When the first School Food opened in HK (2013), some famous K-pop dancers from South Korea and HK were invited to give an eye-catching flash mob in popular shopping districts. Click the video and watch the roadshow at Causeway Bay. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZrzE-Vs6LM
- 36School Food is the most innovative Korean food restaurant. It has various modern Korean cuisine tailor-made for young customers. To meet with HK consumers' taste, Korean Chef Sonny Huh and his team has created some new dishes. Click the video and see how Chef Huh make two signature dishes, Patt Bing Su (a common Korean snack made…
- 36According to OpenRice, School Food is one of the Best New Restaurant and the TOP 1 Korean restaurant in HK. Sonny Huh, the head Chef of School Food Hong Kong is leading his team to provide modern and delicious Korean food for Hong Kong people. (picture from: http://www.miradining.com/school-food/#/) For more details about the signature dishes of…