A few mouthes ago surprisingly I found a very good place of eating desserts near my apartment and mango is the key of main dishes.Yes my group members and I are mango lovers and desserts lovers absolutely.Therefore, I immediately recommended this little dessert shop for them and could not wait to take them there.
The taste of the mango desserts of “殿糖级“ make us in a wonderland and get rid of everything in trouble.
All my group mates have the same feeling as me , so of course I would like to introduce it to you all, my readers .
Don’t worry, firstly I will tell you the way get there .
There are 4 branches :
1. G/F, 66 Electric Road, Tin Hau, HK
2. 215 , Garden Street, Prince, HK
3. 4/F ,27 Chai Shun Street, Tai Wai , HK
4. 1/ F,3, Tsuen Fung Centre, Tsuen Wan, HK
Specifically , I’d like to talk about the one in Tai Wai ,where near HKBU.
Follow the map , then you will find this little restaurant in the left side with different papers or magazine pages in its glass wall.
It gained a lot awards in the desserts areas in Hong Kong, such as the ‘ U FAVOURITE FOOD AWARDS IN 2015′ and ‘THE GOLD PRIZE OF THE MOST MEMORABLE RESTAURANTS’ and so on.
The inside environment is comfortable although it is small, which is cater to the Chinese saying ‘small but complete'(麻雀虽小 五脏俱全).
I think at this time you are wondering what special food it has.
A combination of grapefruit ,mango and coconut milk is a perfect match
Deep chocolate flavor with mango ice cream, sweet but not greasy
Crisp and delicious, bring you incomparable enjoyment
(source from :http://www.openrice.com/en/hongkong)
As you can see ,it got many good comments in the social website- Open Rice
Talking about its originally, the boss of ‘殿糖级‘ and his friend had a bar at the beginning, and later they turned to open this little desserts restaurant.They invited a chef from chef dessert section in Shangri-La Hotel to mainly master their dishes , then used the same materials and productions as the hotel offered.
Don’t miss it , if you also like mango desserts or any other kinds of desserts like us, ‘殿糖级’ is such a place to make you to enjoy the high-class desserts as that of Superior hotels in the streets but with a relatively lower price.
Few weeks later we will graduate form HKBU and someone will leave here, but I know that we all would miss these tastes and miss Hong Kong very much, because It really carries a lot of our memories since this year in Hong Kong.
(Ps: Photos are all owned by ourselves except for the one from Openrice ,all these are only for academic purposes.)
- 67Do you love mango? OK, to enjoy your mango adventures, the first step is having basic ideas in your mind about how to select a perfect mango. When you stand in front of the good shelves in a grocery store, with numerous mangoes presented, you must be puzzled about which one to pick. Or maybe…
- 48Having known more about the basic information about our nutritious and delicious suuuuper mango, you must cannot wait to have a taste of it. What? You want to have it whenever and wherever you want? Then I think the following finger-licking mango snacks that can be easily bought in HK supermarkets will suit to your appetite for sure! Top 5: Hi-Chew Mango Like the taste of mango? You'll love Mango Hi-Chew. Morinaga Hi-Chew is a super chewy candy that never loses its flavor. It has a similar texture to taffy and bubblegum. You get the same great taste in every hi chew until it melts in your mouth! “They are amazing and addictive, once you have one you can't stop. I ate the whole box over a weekend, the are so juicy and delicious.” You will feel surprised when you find the remarks on Hi-Chew Mango on Amazon as it is so well-commented and a guy even wrote a haiku for this tasty candy! All these compelling descriptions of delighting experience will push you click the “add to cart” button at once and make you look forward to its later arrival. “They used to sell it at Walgreen's, but not any more so I had to order it from here”. But now, you can just go to the supermarkets in HK and easily grab a pack of it! Top 4: Brownes Light Mango Yogurt Brownes white milk is an iconic brand with strong customer loyalty in WA. It offers a wide range of products including; white milk, yogurt, flavoured milk in Kick and Chill, cream and juice. Brownes Light Mango Yogurt is one of its most distinguished products as its low fat but incredibly rich taste of milk. Organic fruits are used here and it is gluten-free so that people can enjoy it without worries. The yogurt contains beneficial bacteria to help aid digestion, which is perfect for sensitive bellies! Thick and creamy milk yogurt exploding with mango flavor helps you strengthen your body in a pleasant way Top 3: Nanaco Mango Jumbo Pudding Nanaco is a globally distinguished company that used to provide jelly powder and related products for Thailand aristocrats, which now are exported to countries around the globe. Nanaco insists on using superior ingredients such as pure juice, New Zealand milk powder and fresh fruits to maintain its outstanding quality, and this pudding is the very classic one. It is the wise choice for friends gathering, leisure time and after meal. The perfect combination of smooth pudding and chewy coconut prevent you from putting this big-bowl jelly down til the last bite. Though it is sweet-scented, this low-fat jelly with abundant dietary fiber, justifiable sweetness will not make you guilty even if you cannot help having more! Top 2: Sun Tropics Mango Premium Nectar Can you imagine every sip of it is like drinking a mango? With more fruits, lower sugar than other nectars, Sun Tropics Mango Premium Nectar will never be a wrong choice if you want to have some healthy mango juice. You will feel more than satisfied when drinking up the pure taste of sun-ripened mangoes not from concentrate. Just enjoy breathing in the fragrant aroma and being captured in the rich golden nectar made from the finest Philippine mangoes... “So smooth…so refreshing …so heavenly!” Also, Sun Tropics Mango Premium Nectar is designed in easy-open pack that enables you to savor it at will. Top 1: 7D Dried Mango It is never too far too say that 7D Dried Mango is one of the most well-known mango snacks on the globe. Each bag has 3.5 ounces of naturally tree ripened dried mango. “It all begins with the selection of the choicest fresh mangoes ripened enough to give you that rich mango flavor and excellent aroma.” The fruits are naturally processed with the finest cane sugar for that appealing sweet sour taste that makes the mango distinctive. And finally, the fruits are dried just enough to attain the chewiness that you desire and the great mango flavor you savor bite after bite! 7D Dried Mango is an ideal ready-to-eat snack for everyone, which can also be used as attractive topping and filling to make dessert pies, tarts, and cakes, or made as garnish for platter foods. With high Vitamin C and fat-free quality, it can be served as a healthy alternative for an all day snack. All above are must-have items if you are really into mangoes. I am sure you will not regret if you bring them all back to home and have a taste! But foodies will never lose a chance to try something new, right? So why not grab your purse right away and rush to the supermarket downstairs to see if there are still many good choices for us to discover!